- CUSTOMER SHOW
- ABOUT US
Article from：luru 03-04-2020
There are two cases of electric scooter battery heating, one is discharge heating, and the other is charging heating.
During the charging process, there is heat, the possible causes of failure are:
1) Problems with the battery itself, the aging of the battery, the increased internal resistance, the drying of the electrolyte, and internal short circuits etc. cause heat.
With the increase of the number of batteries used, the water molecules in the battery are gradually lost (that is, the gas out of the battery, water loss), which causes the battery to heat up in the electrochemical reaction;
In addition, the battery solution forms sulfuric acid crystals during charging and discharging, and the precipitate sticks to the lead plate, causing the battery resistance to increase and generate heat;
These two types of problems can be solved by adding water, desulfurization and depolarization and other technical means. If the battery heats up due to dashing, replace with a new battery.
2) Charger problem. General chargers do not have pulse function, and even no negative pulse elimination polarization function. Such chargers usually cannot maintain a constant voltage in the later stage of charging, so that the battery voltage exceeds the allowable value, resulting in a large amount of gas evolution, water loss, and heat generation.
To fundamentally solve the battery heating caused by the charger problem, the electric scooter charger must be properly selected. The charging process of the battery is an electrochemical reaction process. In this process, if the battery has a small amount of heating, it is normal heating. If the heat is abnormal, it is the cause of the charger when the battery performance is good.
Discharge fever Discharge fever is mainly caused by: the discharge is too fast, there may be a small battery capacity, and the discharge current exceeds 0.5C for a long time.
1) When the rated voltage of the motor is low, the battery capacity is small, and the operating current is too large, the voltage will drop sharply, and the capacity will be quickly consumed, which is harmful to the battery.
2) The electrochemical reaction speed of the battery can only maintain driving, and it is often charged and discharged through the full cycle. When facing uphill, the power consumption is very large, forcing the battery plate to react rapidly, and the heat of the battery casing is high, which will damage the battery and shorten the life.
3) It is ideal that the electrochemical reaction rate of the battery sufficiently supplies sufficient electric energy. The battery case has no abnormal heat, indicating that the battery capacity is sufficient.
In recent years, there have been frequent occurrences of electric scooters overheating or even catching fire. So, how can it be avoided? How can we ensure that the electric scooter battery heat dissipates in time?
1 The charging environment should be ventilated and cool
The charging environment in summer is to find a low temperature environment, and the charging environment is close to 25 ° C. The battery is a chemical. Of course, the chemical reaction requires a temperature. 25 ℃ is the standard reaction temperature.
Secondly, the charging parameters of the charger should also be adjusted accordingly. The voltage should be reduced in summer and increased in winter. The requirement is that the voltage and temperature have a relationship of -4mv, that is, the temperature rises once and the voltage decreases by 4mv.
2 Check the battery regularly
Due to the high temperature in summer and a relatively high incidence of accidents, during use, if the continuous mileage of the electric scooter suddenly drops by more than ten kilometers in a short time, it is likely that at least one battery in the battery pack has broken. Short circuit phenomena such as grid, plate softening, and plate active material falling off. At this time, you should go to a professional battery repair institution for inspection, repair or grouping in time to prevent a larger accident.
3 master the charging time
Under normal circumstances, the battery is charged at night, the average charging time is about 8 hours. If it is a shallow discharge (the driving distance is very short after charging), the battery will be fully charged soon, and overcharging will occur when charging continues, resulting in the battery losing water and heating, and reducing the battery life. Therefore, it is better to charge the battery once when the depth of discharge is 60% -70%. In actual use, it can be converted into riding mileage, and the necessary charging is carried out according to the actual situation to avoid harmful charging. In the summer, due to the hot weather, charging for too long may cause a fire.
4Prevent high temperature exposure
Electric scooters are strictly prohibited from exposure to sunlight. Excessive temperature environment will increase the internal pressure of the battery and force the battery pressure limiting valve to open automatically. The direct consequence is to increase the water loss of the battery. Excessive water loss of the battery will inevitably cause the battery activity to decline, accelerate the softening of the polar plate, and charge the shell Fatal injuries such as body heating, shell bulging, and deformation.